Morningside advances the employment and self-sufficiency of people with disabilities.
Morningside envisions a future in which people with disabilities have access to the same opportunities as all other citizens.
The following principles and values guide our work and set our priorities:
For our Clients
- We support the rights of people with disabilities to participate fully in community employment settings.
- People with disabilities achieve fulfillment through learning, contributing, and relationship building.
- People with disabilities have the right to direct their own vocational decisions through choice, participation and control.
- We believe respect acknowledges equity.
- True personal and vocational growth demands the courage to accept risks.
- Morningside partners with its employees and participants to provide and maintain a safe work environment.
- Our commitment to participants is guaranteed through the organization’s financial security.
For our Staff
- Morningside employees are treated with respect for the special skills and knowledge each brings to the workplace.
- To the greatest extent possible, employees are empowered to make decisions affecting their work.
- On-going staff recognition plays an essential role in promoting excellence and innovation in our workplace.
- Morningside employees maintain professionalism in their interactions within and outside the organization.
- A diverse work force brings significant benefits to Morningside’s participants, employees, and the community.
- Supporting employees in their educational and professional growth is integral to Morningside’s overall success.
- The importance of the work employees do is evidenced by appropriate compensation equity across the organization.
For our Community
- The combined talents and unique contributions of all individuals add richness and resources to the community.
- Partnering with businesses, corporations, government, and other local organizations
strengthens the community and expands the roles that can be filled by people with disabilities.
- Increased acceptance and the celebration of diversity significantly enhance the quality of community life.
- We support ongoing education and awareness programs to encourage, reinforce, and increase inclusion and employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- The achievement of the highest possible level of self-sufficiency of all citizens increases the economic strength and stability of the community.
- Maintaining a progressive leadership role in the community increases inclusion and employment of people with disabilities.